Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pressing onward

I can't show you the knitting that has occupied my nearly-every waking hour this week, not yet. There are a few pretty exciting things I'll be able to show you soon, but not yet. I can show you my new favourite snack/breakfast/dessert/dessert round 2: the dessertening, though!

Cornmeal pancakes

Cornmeal pancakes, which are the bomb. These are basically quick polenta made by softening fine cornmeal in boiling water for a few minutes, which you then thin out with milk and oil. Mark Bittman stirred vanilla and pine nuts into his, which sounds pretty appealing; I used a splash of vanilla and a generous spoonful of honey for mine. Like many of Bittman's recipes this one scales up or down very easily and you can memorize it in a snap, because there are so few measurements.

Next time I will zest a lemon into the batter and eat them with marmalade!

No comments: